Here is a list of some of my work from recent years. Click on each project to learn more about them and my tasks and responsibilities for them.
Since graduating in 2017, I have worked on multiple games that have been released on official commercial platforms.
WARPODS by Weyrdworks
(Android & iOS)
Game Designer and Writer | October 2017 – November 2018
Designed, crafted, balanced and iterated levels, characters and lore.
“In WarPods, you lead a gang of heroes in turn-based block breaking battles against all kinds of warmongering space oddities as you travel the universe!”
NETTWORTH by Gameka
(Android & iOS)
Lead Game Designer | April 2017 – December 2018
Led a team of 6 designers through designing and building the game while maintaining inter-departmental meetings and collaborations.
“Make the best of life the way you want to in this life simulation game! Explore big decisions and shape the lives of generations the way you want. “
- LEAD GAME DESIGNER
- Was promoted to Lead Game Designer after weeks of exceptional performance as a Game Design Intern
- Managed a team of six designers
- Collaborated with teams of artists and programmers
- Designed prototype systems and feedback loops
- Led meetings and brainstorm sessions
- Worked directly with the client and producer on the requirements of the game
- Led content creation and writing
- Wrote all NPC dialogue and Quests
- GAME DESIGN INTERN
- Worked on initial system design
- Wrote early scenarios for tutorials and cutscenes.
KLUNO: HERO BATTLE by Gameka
(Android & iOS)
Game Designer | April 2017 – September 2017
Led collaborations to introduce competitive gameplay mechanics to the casual puzzle genre.
“Enter this player vs player (PvP) battle arena where is battle is controlled by a match-3 game board.”
- GAME DESIGNER
- Led brainstorming sessions on how we could take one of Gameka’s own IPs, Kluno (a match-3 game), and add Player vs Player (PvP) elements to it
- Designed level layouts and game mechanics to create a competitive match-3 game
- Designed characters and abilities
- Collaborated with the programmers and artists during early-mid development
These are recent experimental games created for game jams, student coursework and pure fun.
SUPER AGENTS ARENA
Game Designer and Support Programmer | November 2017
A four-player capture-the-flag brawl party game featuring weaponized Yo-Yos, Trick Cards, Slingshots and Fists.
Done by 4 developers in 36 hours as part of LEVEL UP KL 2017’s SEA Game Jam, with the theme “Ejen Ali”, the Malaysian animated TV series.
- GAME DESIGNER
- Led the game design and concept of the game, following the given theme
- Managed the tasks of the three other developers
- Assisted the programmers in coding certain features, like 4-player controller support, main menus and pausing
- Assisted the artist in her first game jam and created the art of the level
- Presented the final game to a panel of judges
LIKE A MONSTER
Solo Developer | January 2017
An interactive fiction game, where players become Josh, an Energus in a world that distrusts Energus.
Written in the style of Telltale Games recent entries, including Tales from the Borderlands and The Walking Dead series to showcase a newly built world.
Game world documents, narrative guides, level designs and more for different projects across the last few years.
VIDEO GAME ADAPTATIONS
As part of my final year og the game development degree course I took, I wrote a research paper on ancient mythology adaptations in video games.
Using examples from Greek, Norse and Hindu mythologies, I explored the effects of video game adaptations on the interest of the mythologies adapted as a result of tangential learning and more.
LEGEND: WORLD CREATION
2015 – 2017
A world about history repeating itself in greed, war and destruction. LEGEND is set on our Earth, but on the verge of World War 3 caused by ancient relics that destroyed civilization in a similar war 10,000 years ago.
In these documents, I cover an entirely original world. In them, I cover the basics of the world, its creation rules, some history and possible gameplay applications among others.
SOCIAL AND CULTURE STUDIES
I cover many design topics in terms of social and culture studies found in video games in this YouTube playlist.
PORTAL 2: TIME TRAVEL LEVEL
(Valve's Hammer Editor)
Created with the Hammer Editor from Valve, this single player level was made for Valve’s Portal 2 to showcase a new mechanic: Time Travel.
The goal of this level is to introduce time traveling to the player in a way that does not require traditional tutorial techniques like text or dialogue. It was built in SketchUp as a mockup before I started working with the Hammer Editor.